In 1902, a series of revival meetings resulted in the formation of a new church in Kakaako, Oahu - the Kakaako Mission. The mission faithfully ministered to many people in Honolulu, and had a congregation of up to 500 people. The Gospel was preached formally and informally in several languages to all who would hear.
In 1956, the mission was faced with the need for financial support, leadership and loss of members due to rezoning of the area. The church earnestly prayed for God’s provision. God answered their prayers by providing leadership, a grant from the Atherton Trust for land, and found them a new church home here in Moanalua.
A church building was constructed and then dedicated on March 7, 1965. Since then, the congregation has outgrown the sanctuary and currently meets at the Moanalua Middle School (MMS) cafeteria.
MGMC’s membership consists of people from all areas of the island. The praise and worship time is dynamic and interactive with the Holy Spirit and it is not uncommon for people to raise their hands in praise or feel emotional when experiencing God. The church celebrates Communion in every worship service and welcomes everyone to partake of our Lord’s body and blood. A prayer of faith and declaration is said for the giving of our tithes and offerings, and people walk to the front of the church to give their offerings since this is a celebration of God’s faithfulness as well as a time to seed into His blessings.
MGMC believes in the transformation of our islands into a Hawaii that bears witness to lives changed by the saving grace of our Lord Jesus Christ. The church strongly feels the importance of showing God's love to the people around us by ministering in the marketplace and helping the less fortunate.
Purpose Statement To glorify God and enjoy Him forever.
Vision Statement To experience His love and transform the world.
Mission Statement To transform ourselves, our families, our cities, and the nations of the world.